Muffin tops be gone! Oblique Toe Taps are the key to a tighter firmer ALL-OVER midsection to target those hard to reach places.
For the complete core-set, incorporate our Oblique Toe Taps to tighten and strengthen your entire mid-section and shed your muffin tops completely!
Lay on your back, with your knees bent towards the sky and feet flat on the ground. Arms down by your sides, with your palms facing the ground, come up into a static crunch with your chin held toward your chest and shoulders slightly elevated.
- Whilst maintaining a static crunch, and your feet on the ground, simultaneously reach your left arm and twist your torso towards your left foot to engage and contract your left obliques
- Return to your starting position
- Simultaneously reach your right arm and twist your torso towards your right foot to engage and contract your right obliques
- Repeat this movement from left to right for the required sets and repetitions
- Inhale to prepare. Engage your abdominals and force an exhalation through pursed lips as you reach and twist your torso towards your left foot
- Inhale as you bring yourself back to centre
- Exhale again you repeat this movement on the right hand side
Start out with 2-3 sets of 12-15 repetitions to failure and increase if desired.
Turn your Oblique Toe Tap into a fluid progressive movement by not allowing for a rest between left and right side adding FIRE to your abdominals and a little sweat to your brow! For a more of a full abdominals workout, elevate your legs into tabletop position to activate your transverse abdominals and lower abs!
To add KX intensity to the exercise, let’s add a Pilates ring between our ankles! Holding your legs extended towards the sky at a 45-degree angle, hold your Pilates ring between your ankles, and squeeze the ring together each time you twist and reach your torso from side to side, adding a challenge to both your stability and inner things. A REAL lower body workout!
Aaron Smith is the CEO & Founder – KX Group. KX is a boutique fitness company with 17 studios across Melbourne and Sydney, offering dynamic pilates, barre and yoga. KX also run international retreats to Vanuatu and Bali.
Have you tried the oblique tow tap? Tell us below…