Blondie, cookie and parfait recipes inspired by Golden Macadamia Blondie gelato flavour.
Blondie (White Chocolate Version of a Brownie)
- 225g butter
- 200g white chocolate
- 175g self-raising flour
- 200g brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- Tap vanilla
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave on 30-second bursts, place aside and place flour in a separate bowl.
- Combine egg and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Combine all ingredients in place into a greased tin and bake at 180C in the oven for 30 mins.
Cookies with Macadamias
- 125g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 cup toasted macadamia
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Sift flours and baking powder over mix; then stir to combine. Finally, fold in macadamias until evenly spread through the dough.
- Use a two dessert spoon to form balls of dough and place them on a baking sheet about 5cm apart.
- Bake in a 160C oven for about 12 minutes.
Toasted Macadamia Parfait
- 175g macadamia
- 250g cream
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- Place macadamia on a small tray and place in oven to toast until skins begin to lift and the nuts are golden brown, about 8 – 10 minutes. Place nuts into a food processor and process until they form a rough butter. Set aside.
- Place cream in a bowl and whip to soft peaks. Set aside.
- Place egg, yolks, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk until combined. Place a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and beat with an electric mixer until the mix is light and fluffy approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool. Add macadamia butter and fold to combine. Add whipped cream and fold through. Add salt to taste, then transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe mixture into 8 x 7cm dome moulds and level surface with an offset spatula. Place in freezer until set and ready to serve.