Christmas is less than a month away, which means that preparations for a day filled with family, friends, gifts, and most importantly – food – are well under way.
To give everyone some help impressing their loved ones this Christmas day, Callebaut Chocolate Hero Jodie Van Der Velden has put together a very decadent Ruby & Raspberry Cheesecake recipe that will have everyone getting up for seconds.
Created using Callebaut’s ruby RB1 chocolate and a delicious raspberry puree, the cheesecake has the perfect balance of sweet and sour, while embracing the fruity festive theme that we’re seeing more and more in our Christmas desserts.
RUBY & RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE
Almond Shortbread Base
- 120g almond meal
- 120g caster sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 40g unsalted butter (melted)
- + 80g melted butter to mix with baked crumbs to make crumbly crust
- 250g raspberries (frozen is fine)
- 25g caster sugar
- 175g Cream cheese
- 200g Mascarpone cheese
- 100g Caster sugar
- 175g Thickened cream
- 375g Callebaut Ruby RB1 chocolate
- + RUBY chocolate for décor
- Bring berries and sugar to simmer over low/medium heat, and reduce until liquid has reduced and mixture has halved in quantity. Cool.
Almond Shortbread Base
- Combine dry ingredients, add melted butter and mix until combined. Squeeze with fingers if necessary until butter is evenly distributed with dry mix.
- Place shortbread crumbs onto parchment paper on baking tray, and bake at 170° C for around 15 minutes, until crumbs are light golden brown. Cool.
- Add 80g melted butter to baked crumbs and mix through thoroughly to make crumbly crust, and press firmly with the back of a spoon into the greased base of a 20cm diameter round cake tin with removable base. Line inside edge of cake tin with oil or butter, then press a strip of baking paper or acetate against oil.
- Beat cream cheese (at room temperature) with sugar until smooth, in stand mixer, with hand held electric beater or using firm whisk.
- Add mascarpone cheese (room temperature), beat until combined.
- Add thickened cream, beat until combined.
- Add melted ruby chocolate, beat until combined.
- Pour ½ of mixture into 20cm diameter cake tin with removable base and the inside edge lined (as per crumb base instructions above), and smooth surface with spatula.
- Add cooled raspberry puree in a ring around the surface of the cheesecake mix.
- Pour remaining cheesecake mixture over the top.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Add Ruby RB1 chocolate shavings or décor of choice to top of set cheesecake.