When it comes to kid-friendly Christmas treats, anything colourful, creative and delicious will get their attention.
Of course sweets and treats are encouraged at this time of year, but mums and dads can also incorporate a few healthy options in the mix. These Strawberry Santas tick all the boxes, and thanks to a few sneaky swaps, these festive treats will be loved by kids and parents alike.
This recipe is inspired by the science behind Be Fit Food, a weight loss meal program from dietitian Kate Save, which is all about delivering taste without unnecessary calories – or added sugar – making these Santas the perfect family-friendly festive treat.
6 punnets of strawberries
250g of light cream cheese
2-3 Tbsp of Natvia (or to taste)
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Mini choc chips for Santa’s eyes
- Cut the stem off the strawberries and leave flat for the base.
- Cut the point off the strawberries and separate to have as Santa’s hat.
- Combine cream cheese, Natvia, lemon juice and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Put cream cheese mixture into a piping bag and squeeze mixture on top of strawberry base.
- Top with strawberry hat and squeeze a tiny ball of mixture on top of hat as the pom-pom.
- If space, squeeze two spots of mixture on the front of strawberry base as buttons.
- Place two little choc chips on cream cheese mixture as the eyes.
- Serve or store in refrigerator.
Makes approximately 25 Santas (depending on size of Strawberries)