Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Fine Desiccated Coconut
- To make the base, mix dates in a food processor until it forms a paste. Break up the paste into a few chunks to spread it evenly throughout the food processor.
- Add the walnuts, carrots, ginger, cinnamon, coconut flour, coconut oil, mixed spice and shredded coconut into the food processor with the date paste and combine until mixed together.
- Place desiccated coconut in a shallow bowl or tray. Roll a tablespoon of mixture into balls and roll in the desiccated coconut. Place the coated balls onto a tray.
- Refrigerate the carrot cake balls for 30 minutes before serving. Any leftovers should remain in the refrigerator.
For more tasty recipes, visit McKenziesfoods.com.au.