Just because our favourite bars are closed doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy our favourite cocktails. Here’s a recipe for the Fullerton Hotel’s signature Sydney Sling blood orange cocktail.
Sydney Sling Recipe
- 45ml gin -The Fullerton Hotel Sydney uses Four Pillars 58.8 Gin
- 45ml blood orange juice – grapefruit juice is a great substitute
- 15ml hibiscus liqueur – elderflower Liqueur is a great substitute
- 10ml ginger liqueur – alternatively, double up on ginger juice
- 25ml fresh lime juice
- 10ml fresh ginger juice
- 10ml Grenadine
- 20ml sugar syrup – see recipe below
- Dehydrated ginger slice – or any fruit of your choice, to garnish
- Combine all ingredients and shake together vigorously for five seconds.
- Strain into your desired glass over ice and enjoy.
Sugar Syrup: Making sugar syrup requires equal parts sugar and water. You can also make a thicker style syrup by adding two parts sugar to one-part water.
- Boil the water in a saucepan, add the sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Store in a firmly sealed bottle or container in the fridge where it can keep for a few weeks.