To celebrate Pancake today, try this Gluten-Free / Dairy Free / Vegan recipe.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 medium-packed cup coriander
- 1 medium-packed cup parsley
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 3 tbsp Mayver’s Tahini
- 1 cup fresh basil or herb of choice
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (E.g. honey/maple/coconut sugar/stevia)
1) In a blender, blend the water, coriander, parsley, cumin and sea salt until smooth.
2) Sift the chickpea flour, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Add in the chopped onion, minced garlic and herby liquid mixture. Lastly, add in the apple cider vinegar. Stir until combined.
3) Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, drop the batter by ¼ cup increments and use the back of the measuring cup to spread the mixture into a pancake-shaped circle. Cook for a minute or two, or until bubbles appear around the edge. Then flip the pancake over to allow the other side to cook for another minute or two. Continue this process until all the batter has been used.
4) Serve warm with sautéed mushrooms, fresh tomato, hummus and the lemon tahini dressing!
This delicious vegan recipe is by Faith at The Conscientious Eater theconscientiouseater.com