- 2 crabs
- 800mL of water (depending on the crab size)
- ½ a red onion
- 2 teaspoons of dried shrimp
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of crush black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon of black soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1. Wash your crab under water to ensure it is clean.
2. Place the crab on its back before lifting up the tail. Pull the tail away from the body and then turn over the crab to pull out the contents.
3. Cut the crabs body into 6 pieces and then remove the claws.
4. Using a crab cracker (or the back of a cleaver) gently crack the claws and legs so they can cook more evenly.
5. Wash the crab thoroughly again.
6. Heat up the wok or pan and pour in the vegetable oil.
7. Add the dried shrimp, garlic, onion and curry leaves, and fry until golden brown.
8. Add in the black pepper, oyster sauce, chilli paste and white pepper to the wok.
9. Bring the wok to high heat before adding in the crab.
10. Cover the crab with water and black soy sauce on a low heat for 3 – 4 minutes.
11. Add in the light soy sauce follow by the unsalted butter and cook until it’s just dry.
12. Plate up your crab to be served.
This recipe will feature at the Taste Obsession Singapore event from 3rd of March to April 12. Click here for more information.