What you’ll need
- 3 medium-large zucchinis
- 1 large continental cucumber, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- piece of fresh turmeric, approx. 3cm, peeled
- piece of fresh ginger, approx. 2cm, peeled
- 1 eschalot, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves and stems, and extra for garnish
- 1 small red chilli, seeded (or to taste)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews, and extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper
Using a julienne peeler or spiraliser, make ‘noodles’ with the zucchini and cucumber.
In a mortar and pestle ( or blender ), pound garlic, turmeric, ginger and eschalot together. Add coriander stems, chilli and sesame oil and continue to pound until it becomes a paste. Add coriander leaves, cashews, tamari and honey. Continue grinding, gradually adding olive oil until it comes together and is similar in consistency to pesto. Finish with lime juice and pepper.
To serve, toss the noodles with pesto and place on a serving plate. Sprinkle with extra coriander and cashews.
Recipe extracted from Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat’s recipe book “A Taste of Gwinganna” which can be purchased here.