- 1kg Rice Aborio / Carnaroli
- 2g Bay leaf
- 200ml White wine
- 450g Onions – chopped
- 15g Garlic – crushed
- 500g Pumpkin – Cut in cubes
- 1.2 lt Vegetable stock
- 300g Cheese – Parmesan or Smoked Provola
- 100g Thyme – Fresh
- 1.5 kg Breadcrumbs – Panko
- 700g Plain flour
- 12 Eggs
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 20g Cooking salt
- 5g Black pepper
- Cook 1/2 onions and all the garlic until golden in some oil.
- Add cut pumpkin cubes and cook unit soft.
- Add salt, pepper, bay leaves, 250 ml vegetable stock-blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Fry rice and remaining onions for 4-5 minutes.Add white wine, remaining vegetable stock and pumpkin mixture and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once rice is cold, add cheese and thyme and combine mix.
- Form into 50 gr balls
- Dredge each ball in flour-egg-breadcrumbs-eggs-breadcrumbs
- Deep fry at 170c for 2-3 minutes.Drain on absorbent paper.
The Carousel thanks Italian Street Kitchen for this delicious recipe.
To enjoy more delicious traditional Italian recipes, go to Italian Street Kitchen!