Still need convincing that taking the dating plunge is worth leaving the comfort of the couch? We’ve done a lot of the hard yards for you.
Here’s five surefire ‘wow’ venues bound to make a great first impression if you’re dating in Sydney.
1. Darley’s Restaurant, Katoomba: One of the Blue Mountains’ signature fine dining restaurants, Darley’s offers love birds, views of the historic English gardens and the Jamison’s Valley escarpment. Views aren’t the only thing on the menu – Darley’s is also famous for its fresh produce, fine wines and impressive menu.
2. Jonah’s, Whale Beach: With breathtaking views of Sydney’s beautiful Whale Beach on offer, Jonah’s promises to impress. Located less than an hour out of the CBD, Jonah’s is a one-of-a-kind date option. Those wanting to really capitalise on the amazing ocean views can catch the sea plane from Rose Bay and cut half an hour off their travel time.
3. Bennelong Cured & Cultured: Located in the Opera House, Bennelong is perhaps one of Sydney’s most iconic venues. Serving up amazing views of Sydney Harbour and the Harbour Bridge, Bennelong puts on an A-grade show. The restaurant boasts more than an impressive view – being regarded as one of the best dining spots in Sydney. We recommend trying the famous cherry jam lamington to end the night on a high note!
4. Papi Chulo, Manly: Located on Manly wharf, Papi Chulo has big open windows that provide diners with premium views and a refreshing sea breeze. An ultimate date venue, Papi Chulo is a great day or night spot, and serves a wide variety of dishes along with mouth-watering cocktails.
5. North Bondi Fish, Bondi: Placed right in the heart of world-famous Bondi Beach, North Bondi Fish is a killer date spot. With light and airy décor, this beach-front venue is set to impress. Those looking to go the extra mile should request a seat on the balcony, which boasts a million-dollar view.