To make this Celery and Dukkah Tabbouleh Recipe place the star veggie and its leaves, spring onion, parsley, dukkah and half the walnuts in a large bowl. Add the sumac, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil and toss well.
Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the tabbouleh in a serving bowl and sprinkle over the remaining walnuts and the chilli flakes, if using.
CELERY AND DUKKAH TABBOULEH
- 6 celery stalks, cut into small dice
- 1 handful of pale celery leaves (avoid the deeper green leaves as they tend to be bitter), finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dukkah
- 80g walnuts (activated if possible), toasted and chopped
- ½ teaspoon sumac finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons chilli flakes (optional)
Catch this recipe and a whole lot more in Pete Evans’ Eat Your Greens book!