This delicious Baby Heirloom Beetroot And Feta Salad is one of the amazing recipes from the newly opened Nour Restaurant in Surry Hills, Sydney.
Nour presents classic Lebanese flavours in a fresh, exciting way. The chef combines beautiful tangy tenors of pomegranate molasses in salads and uses Mediterranean ingredients to reach their full potential. Try this Beetroot and feta salad recipe and then treat yourself to a meal at Nour.
- 1 bunch – baby heirloom beetroot
- 600ml – water
- 150g – persian feta
- 250ml – cream
- 185g red – beetroot
- 100ml – lemon juice
- quarter of a lemon lemon zest
- 35ml – olive oil
- 25g – honey
- 3g – cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- poppy seed wafer crackers to serve
Baby Heirloom Beetroot And Feta Salad Recipe From Nour Restaurant in Sydney’s Crown Street
To prep the beetroot
- Trim the leaves from the baby heirloom beetroot then scrub well to remove all dirt. Rinse and place into a roasting tray.
- Add the water and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180degrees and cook until tender, 1-1 1/2 hours. Allow to cool.
- When the baby heirloom beetroot are cooked and have been allowed to cool cut each one in half.
- Heat up 30mls of olive oil in a frying pan and add the cumin seeds to lightly toast.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, beetroot, honey and salt and pepper, coating the beetroot well.
- Place feta in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Whip the cream to a medium peak and fold into the pureed feta until it forms a smooth mousse.
- Clean and peel the red beetroot. Slice thinly (1-2mm) and evenly. Marinade with the heirloom beetroot.
- Assemble all ingredients on a plate and serve immediately with poppy seed wafer crackers.
The Carousel thanks Nour Restaurant for this recipe.
Nour Restaurant, 490 Crown Street, Surry Hills, Sydney.