Preparation 20 minutes + resting
- 1.2kg boneless Lamb loin roast, fat trimmed, skin on, trussed
- 1 large brown onion, thickly sliced
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped into 3cm pieces
- 1 stick celery, roughly chopped into 3cm pieces
- 5 small rosemary sprigs, cut in half, widthwise
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled, left whole
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 200g baby green beans, trimmed
- 200g yellow beans (butter), trimmed
- 50g butter
- Sourdough bread, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200C. To roast lamb loin, scatter onion carrot and celery over the base of a large roasting pan. Place lamb seem-side down.
2 Using a small paring knife make fifteen shallow incisions scattered all over the top of the rolled lamb loin roast; taking care not to cut the kitchen string. Stuff rosemary and garlic into each incision. Drizzle with oil and roast for 1h15 or until cooked to you liking. Rest for 15 minutes before carving, to serve.
3 Meanwhile, cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes or until cooked but still with a crunch. Drain and place in a large bowl with butter. Season to taste.
4 To serve, Divide beans among four plates and top with carved lamb loin. Serve with sourdough bread on the side.
The Carousel thanks We love our Lamb for this recipe.