It astounds me how you can recreate your favourite desserts using simple wholefoods that just so happen to be nature’s superfoods.
This chocolate mousse is a combination of heart-healthy avocado, cacao and dates, blended with mesquite powder, vanilla, rice malt syrup and your milk of choice.
Easy, quick and delicious.
Serves 4 – R VGN DF GF RSF NF
- 4 small ripe avocados
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 55 g (2 oz/½ cup) raw cacao powder
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/½ cup) coconut milk
- 80 ml (2½ fl oz/¹⁄₃ cup) rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Pour into four serving glasses and enjoy.
For more recipes from Taline Gabrielian’s cookbook, check this out:
Images and recipes from Hippie Lane: The Cookbook by Taline Gabrielian (Murdoch Books RRP $39.99)