Georgia Barnes’ take on the classic Waldorf salad with a delicious Kanzi apple spin. Ideal for entertaining, enjoy this fresh salad on its own or pair with roast chicken or pork.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free
- 2 Kanzi apples, finely sliced
- 80g walnuts (approx. 3/4 cup)
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- Handful snow pea sprouts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 whole iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan forced.
- To make the maple walnuts, line an oven tray with baking paper. Place walnuts close together. Sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle with maple syrup. Roast in the oven for 5-7 minutes until golden brown and lightly caramelised. Set aside to cool completely.
- Whisk lemon juice and olive oil together in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add spring onions, grapes, celery and snow pea sprouts. Toss to combine.
- Mix together mayonnaise and dill. Season to taste.
- To assemble the salad, spread a generous amount of dill mayonnaise onto a serving plate. Arrange wedges of iceberg lettuce and Kanzi apple slices. Top with grape and celery mixture. Garnish with maple walnuts and extra dill. Serve as a side dish or as a light and refreshing starter.