Few foods celebrate summer more than a sweet, juicy Aussie mango.
Making a few healthy swaps to the traditional Christmas menu can still bring the Christmas cheer to all while making the festive period that little bit healthier, says Cancer Council NSW nutrition program manager Wendy Watson.
“Following some of our Cancer Council recipes this Christmas will ensure your holiday eats are nutritious but just as delicious,” she says
Here’s just one of the Cancer Council’s favourite mango dessert treats to get you started.
Serves: 4 Preparation: 10 minutes Cooking: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup macadamias
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 lime, finely zested
- 2 mangoes
- Small mint leaves and honey to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place macadamias in a small roasting tray and toast for 8 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a chopping board and roughly chop. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine yoghurt and lime, mix.
- Cut cheeks from the mango, peel and thinly slice.
- Divide yoghurt between serving plates and smear. Top each plate with sliced mango, macadamias, mint and a drizzle of honey.
For more healthy recipes this Christmas, download the cookbook for free by clicking here.