Try this healthy recipe from Gwinganna Wellness Retreat.
Coconut Poached Chicken Ingredients
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 lime and 1 orange, juice and zest
- 2 star anise pods
- 1 cup quinoa
- pinch sea salt
- 1 small knob fresh turmeric
- 1 cardamon pod, crushed
- ½ cup each mango, melon and tomato, diced
- 4 sprigs basil, chives, coriander, chopped
- 1 small chilli, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- pinch sea salt
- 2 bok choy, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 12 snow peas
- ¼ capsicum, cut into fine strips
- Marinate chicken in coconut milk, citrus and star anise for 1-2 hours. Preheat oven to 150ºC if poaching in the oven.
- Poach chicken with marinade in a tray in the oven for approx 10-12 minutes or in a pan, covered. Remove chicken from tray or pan and set aside.
- Heat marinade and juices until reduced to half then process in a blender to create a smooth sauce.
- Rinse quinoa and drain, then place in a pot or rice cooker with turmeric and cardamom, using approx. 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water. Bring to a boil and simmer with lid on until all liquid has been absorbed. This should take approx. 12-15 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and allow to cool.
- For the salsa, dice fruits and tomato, mix with chopped herbs, chilli and lemon.
- Prepare green vegetables by steaming them lightly.
- To serve, slice chicken on top of the lightly steamed greens, add a drizzle of the poaching juices sauce and top with a spoonful of salsa. Serve quinoa on the side.
Thank you to Gwinganna Wellness Retreat for contributing this delicious Coconut Poached Chicken recipe. Find more recipes in their latest book, A Guide To Gwinganna.
For more tasty recipes like this Coconut Poached Chicken, visit: