Kamalaya Zucchini Spaghetti with Curry Pumpkin Sauce dish is full of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants to keep you healthy.
A nutrient dense pasta-free spaghetti (the zucchini is the ‘spaghetti’) with a pumpkin based sauce. Rich in fibre, vitamins A, C, the B group vitamins and carotenoids; and minerals: iron, magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc, phosphorus and potassium.
These nutrients are immune boosting and anti-inflammatory and will help to protect you from colon cancer, heart disease, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. It’s also great for controlling blood sugar levels and promoting healthy digestion.
Pumpkin, peeled 200g
*Young coconut water 300ml
Curry powder 1g
**Paneng curry paste 5g
Small cauliflower rosettes, blanched 50g
Garlic, finely chopped 1 clove
Shallot, finely chopped 1 piece
Mint (fresh), chopped 5g
Lime juice 5m
Sea salt pinch
Black pepper, to taste
*You can use vegetable stock if coconut water is not available. You could also use a combination of the two. **To make your own detox-style Paneng Curry Paste, look for the recipe in the Extras section at www.kamalaya.com/recipes
1. Use a mandolin to cut the zucchini into strips for the ‘spaghetti’ (not too fine). Cut the pumpkin into thin slices.
2. Sauté the pumpkin in a little coconut water for about 30 seconds, then add the curry powder and paneng curry paste along with the rest of the coconut water (or stock) and simmer until the pumpkin is cooked through (about 5 minutes).
3. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly and then blend for 40 seconds on a medium speed. Season with salt, pepper and the lime juice.
4. To prepare the zucchini, heat a little water or vegetable stock in a frying pan and sauté the garlic and shallot until it is simmering, then add the zucchini strips (add a little more water or stock if necessary). When the zucchini is cooked al dente, add the pumpkin sauce and the blanched cauliflower, stir through. Finally, add the raisins and mint, stir through and remove from heat.
5. Serve garnished with a little extra mint.
Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa was named “Worldwide Health & Wellness Destination of the Year” at the 2017 World Spa & Wellness Awards Kamalaya is situated on the tropical southern coastline of Koh Samui offering inspired healthy cuisine alongside a choice of tailored wellness programmes including detox, weight loss, stress & burnout, sleep and personalised yoga.
Want to age beautifully? Read Kamalaya Co-Founder, Karina Stewart’s top tips for health ageing here…