Stunning singer/songwriter Zaiya (who hails from Melbourne but spends half the year in LA) has the perfect look to show how Contouring is done, happily she volunteered to be Glenn’s model for a great ‘How To’ video.
- Before you start with your contouring technique, ensure you have a full base of foundation, this will make the final look more even.
- Begin the contouring with the nose by creating a ‘shadow effect’ with an ashy colour down both sides – then blend.
- Next come the cheekbones. To get a chiselled look start with a line from the top of the ear, following along the natural line of the cheekbone then blend into the hollow.
- Don’t forget the temple and the jawline – blending constantly so there are no harsh lines anywhere.
- Once your contouring is complete you can complement the look by highlighting the areas not ‘shadowed’ for a strong, emphasised look.
Glenn kept Zaiya’s look very monochromatic for this photo-shoot and the result is definitely very powerful.
Take a look at the video to see how it’s done, and to check out the results.
Makeup/photography: Glenn Nutley
Model: Singer/Songwriter Zaiya
Producer/Director: BP Major