Sunscreen can be a chore to apply and with my fair Irish skin I’m always on the lookout for something quick and easy to use during the Summer months. Here I give the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist a go, and here’s what I think…
Beauty Review: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen Spray
Product: A lightweight spray on sunscreen for very high, long lasting sun protection. Available in SPF 30+ or SPF50+.
What it does: Provides weightless sun protection for your skin in an easy to apply spray on formula that has a lightweight, clean feel.
Scent: A subtle clean scent that doesn’t smell like sunscreen.
Key ingredients: Oxybenzone 6% w/w (absorbs and stabilises UV light), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane 3% w/w (absorbs full spectrum UVA light), Octyl Salicylate 5% w/w (absorbs UVB light), Homosalate 15% w/w (absorbs UV rays and provides a water resistant quality), Octyl Salicylate 4% w/w (absorbs UV rays and provides a water resistant quality).
Why we love it: Summer is here and you know what that means… From now until March every inch of our exposed bodies must be covered in a thick layer of greasy white lotion, a lotion so thick and so sticky that it lingers after the most sudsy of showers and leaves a perpetual build-up of grime under our nails. And good luck getting that stuff off your phone.
Can there be a better way to protect our delicate dermis from the Aussie sun’s aggressive rays?
Enter Neutrogena’s Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen Spray. Let me give you the lowdown on why this stuff is going to be your new best friend this summer:
1) You can unleash your inner Banksy for a sec and graffiti this stuff all over your bod’ with the SPRAY ON formula. Putting the fun into functional, amirite? This very fine and lightweight mist sprays continuously and at any angle covering your whole body in a matter of seconds, giving you more time figure out how to fit that last bottle of Yellowglen into the Esky.
2) It’s my favourite colour, clear! This totally transparent spray leaves just a hint of a JLo-esque sheen to your skin and dries down almost instantly, leaving no sticky residue.
3) It’s non comedogenic (won’t block pores) and is four hours water resistant for you sporty types.
4) You can finally get at those hard to reach areas all by yourself! Like that little triangle right in the middle of your back that you’ve burned like a zillion times because no human can bend that way and no you don’t want to ask that creepy guy at the beach with the unibrow to rub sunscreen on your back, thanks all the same. You know what I’m talking about.
5) It’s available in either an SPF30+ or SPF50+ so even the fairest in all the land will be covered.
So to recap the Ultra Sheer Body Mist is lightweight, non-sticky, clear, water resistant and fun to apply. Bring on the sunshine!
How to use it: Hold the can about 15-20 cms away from your skin and spray liberally in slow even strokes. For facial application spray it into your hands first and then apply. Make sure you’re in a well ventilated area and don’t apply in windy conditions.