To find out why Aussie actress Gillian Alexy tells Glenn Nutley “Wow, I look like I have three heads of hair, that’s amazing” grab a friend and try out these six easy steps to a voluminous blow-dry.
The former McLeod’s Daughters star popped in to Glenn’s studio recently and while she was in the hot seat he gave her a step-by-step on getting the perfect blow dry.
Want his tips in writing? Well here you are:
1. While hair is still damp (80-90% dry at least) pop products on such as leave-in conditioner, volumising spray and soothing serum (see below for our pick of these items).
2. Blow-dry the hair in the opposite direction to how you want it to fall – this will give it ‘root lift’.
3. As you dry each section, spritz with hairspray and pin it in a curl and leave to cool down – you do this all over the head and then use hairspray again to get into the roots.
4. Once the hair has all cooled, remove the hair-pins starting at the base of the head.
5. Breaking up the curls so they bounce, don’t forget to tease the roots slightly if you want that added amount of lift and volume.
6. Add a touch of serum to the tips of the curls and… you’re done.
Unite Boosta Volumising Spray, $28.68
Check out the video for the amazing results of this technique. Oh, and did we mention – there’s not an extension piece in sight.
Model – Gillian Alexy
Hair – Glenn Nutley
Make Up – Michelle Garcia
Producer/director – BP Major
Did you know the curl will remain in your hair longer if you allow it to cool in shape. Share your handy tricks in the comments section below…