These super-cool stylish lasses – including our own Zoe Foster-Blake and Anna Heinrich – have an Insta-life that can easily induce jealously as we endure the wet and cold back home.
Oblivious to our relatively humdrum lives, they unwittingly tease us as they flit around in a sea of Camilla, Reformation, and Gucci, the latest floral must-have.
It leaves us daydreaming of clear blue days, the warm sun beating down on us as we wander through the cobbled streets nonchalantly staring out to turquoise seas, looking oh so super chic (yes, yes, a girl can dream).
But I’m here to tell you it’s time to kick that little green monster to the curb girls and instead take encouragement from our Insta-idols.
Armed with their how-to on holiday clothing cool, you now have the inside scoop on what to pack for your own winter escape.
Whether it be to Italy or the Sunshine Coast – we’ve got you covered.
Don’t fret if Gucci or Zimmerman are not in your budget; the High Street stores have these looks for a fraction of the price (think Zara, Top Shop, Sports Girl etc).
So, without further ado, here are my winter escape must-haves – Bellissimo!
- A floaty sundress that can take you from day to night. Floral is perfect.
- A pair of wedges – they’re super comfy, stylish and will go with anything. Aim for a neutral colour. The High Street stores are releasing these now
- A pair of flat sandals. Country Road always do a great selection in a range of colours to suit everyone. Trenery have just released a flat sandal in tan and black that are a summer staple. You don’t need to spend a fortune to look great
- Go-to glasses. Think mirror with a hint of gold (Dior, Celine, Gucci) and for the look on a budget Glassons, Sussan, Sportsgirl, Seed Heritage and Topshop
- The IT bag if you have the budget (Gucci Floral), or a great straw tote will have you looking just as cool for a fraction of the price. Try Target or KMart
- A killer bikini (and a cover-up if you feel self-conscious). Seafolly have a great selection for all shapes and sizes, Zimmerman have some showstopping pieces
- Your sunscreen. 50+ is a must. Neutrogena has a great range
- Hat. Wide-brimmed and straw works well. Sportsgirl, Myer, David Jones, Seafolly, Seed Heritage and pretty much any High Street store will carry these. Not only are they fashionable but they protect your face from sun damage
And always remember…work it like the star you are!
By Jo Harvey-Graham