Party season is almost upon us, which quite obviously means we need new frocks to celebrate (as if we needed any kind of excuse to shop!).
We’ve rounded up the top picks to get you looking (and feeling) your best.
1. Every woman needs a little black dress in her wardrobe and this one comes with extra special powers. A cut out at the top of the stomach and thigh high split ensure that just because it’s black, it’s definitely not boring. One for the daring.
Jonathan Simkhai black dress, $750
2. Go retro in a glorious, Pucci-print dress in the traditional colours of pinks, browns and golds. This combo suits every skintone and the ¾ sleeve and square neckline make it a flattering cut for any age. Make it modern by teaming it with a pointy heel and channel Samantha from Bewitched, one of my favourite style icons.
Emilio Pucci printed dress, $1492.38
3. Make a statement with a bright pink and magenta wrap dress which beautifully hugs the body and flows gently to the ground. Such a gorgeous summer frock, this works perfectly with a strappy heel or even a wedge.
Diane von Furstenburg pink wrap dress, $849.96
4. For something truly fabulous, you can’t go past sequins, and this mini dress with sequin flowers over the front is extra spesh. Keep shoes neutral and jewellery to a minimum, and let the dress shine.
Needle and Thread sequin mini dress, $335.68
5. A small print is flattering on most body types and this slip on frock is easy to wear. Pair with ankle booties or a strappy heel and large clutch for a cocktail or day event.
Roberto Cavalli stretch satin dress, $796.70
6. A subtle colour but striking style make the perfect fashion balance. The cut of this dress is sexy but the modest length keeps it in check. One you’ll wear for years to come.
Zimmermann nude plunge dress, $495
7. A fabulous neckline makes this dress elegantly chic. This is a classic style you can pull out time and time again – it will work for any occasion. Team with bold, jewellery like a large gold cuff and moisturise shoulders for extra gleam.
Carla Zampatti black dress, $699
8. This twist on leopard print makes the look fresh, while the flattering, strapless style and waisted skirt creates a great silhouette.
Cameo leopard print dress, $189.95
9. Lace is a huge trend this summer and this lovely two-toned pastel number will be a hit at any party of the season.
TopShop lace dress, $136.50
10. This long sleeved dress with mirror and bead embellishment is perfect for women who want to cover their arms. The colour keeps it light and summery and the bells and whistles all over are bang on trend.
ASOS embellished dress, $211.54
11. Navy is a beautiful alternative to black and this dress is an easy, relaxed way to wear sequins without being OTT. Slip on some neutral or even silver shoes and dance the night away.
ASOS sequin kimono dress, $125
Have you got your party season outfits sorted? Tell us below!…